Returns, Damages, and Restocking Fees
Ordering your steamer equipment online is quick and convenient, but what happens if you need to return something? We at Sterling want the return process to be as painless as possible. Check out our tips for the easiest way to handle your returns.
Setting Up a Return
To begin a return request please contact us at 844-437-6328 and ask to speak with a representative regarding a return request. We will be happy to assist you.
Return labels will be emailed in the form of a Bill Of Landing and need to be printed off and given to the driver that we schedule for the return pick up.
Sterling Manufacturing will accept returns on all regularly stocked items as long as they are unused, in the original packaging, and returned with 30 days of receipt. If you set up a return that has any of the special considerations below, Customer Solutions will follow up with you.
Special Order Items
Special order items or items that were made to order may not be eligible for a return. Customer Solutions will inform you if this is the case.
Refunds are issued after the returned item has been received and inspected. A return credit will be issued back to the original payment method. The total amount of your refund will be affected by the following costs.
You are responsible for all shipping charges, including the original shipping cost and the cost of shipping the item back to the Sterling Manufacturing warehouse. The return shipping cost will be deducted from your refund.
Sterling Manufacturing will also deduct a restocking fee from your total refund to cover the cost of processing the item back into stock.
What are Restocking Fees?
- Restocking fees are charged for all returned items to make up for additional costs that are incurred during the return process. The fee is 20% of the returned item’s total cost for commercial customers and 30% of the total cost for residential customers.
Why Do We Charge Restocking Fees?
Sterling Manufacturing charges a restocking fee for the following reasons.
- Returned items are handled and inspected by our warehouse team, which takes time away from their daily tasks.
Sterling Manufacturing offers factory-direct prices and restocking fees allow us to keep those prices as low as possible.
Companies that don’t charge restocking fees cover return costs by raising prices.
Many items that are returned cannot be resold and we end up taking a loss.
What If My Item is Damaged?
- It’s very important to inspect your order when you receive it to check for damages or missing items. Items that are signed for and found to be damaged after the fact will not be covered as the signing prevents our ability to file a claim with the carrier. Our Customer Solutions team will be able to walk you through the process.
- Inspect your shipment for damages before the carrier leaves.
Make note of the damages on the delivery receipt before signing.
Contact our Customer Solutions team within 1 business day.
Keep any damaged packing materials.
Take pictures of the damaged packaging and equipment.
- If you have special circumstances or need help with your return, our Customer Solutions team is available Monday-Friday 9-4 PM EST to assist you. 844-437-6328.